North West Regional Children's Resource Program (NWRCRP)
The North West Regional Children's Resource Program was developed to assist the homelessness sector in identifying and addressing the specific needs of children experiencing homelessness. The program provides a range of support to homelessness services in the North and West Metropolitan Region who work with children in homeless families. Support is provided by:
- The provision of secondary consultation, information, support and resources to workers.
- The development of training for workers.
- Conducting research and promoting best practice.
- Advocating on behalf of children experiencing homelessness on a range of issues that affect their health, wellbeing and status within our community.
For more information on this Program you can go to www.homelesskidscount.org
What we do:
The Program was developed to assist the homelessness sector in identifying and addressing the needs of children experiencing homelessness. The program is statewide with co-coordinators in each metropolitan region and in rural regions as well.
- Information provision
- Secondary consultation
- Community Development
- Active involvement in various networks focused on Homelessness Service System Development
- Direct support to Homelessness services in the development of tools, policies and sourcing and facilitation of training that promotes best practice in the support of children.
- Data Collection and Research
- Provision of the Children in Homelessness Website
- Closely working with Merri Outreach's Bright Futures program
How to access the program:
Contact Katrina or Halime @ Merri Outreach Support Service (MOSS)
22 Lakeside Drive
Broadmeadows VIC 3047
Ph: 03 9359 5493
Fax: 03 9357 1090
Email: Katrina@merri.org.au or firstname.lastname@example.org
North and west regional areas of metropolitan Melbourne
• Back to Programs